Instantaneous Data Archive - IDA
Starting in December 2016 and over the following seven months, discharge data from IDA are being migrated to the National Water Information System Web Interface (NWISWeb) . This migration will occur one Water Science Center at a time (roughly by State). Once the transition is complete IDA will be discontinued. Please address any questions through the "Questions and Feedback" link above.
The Instantaneous Data Archive is a fairly simple interface to the available data and users should generally be able to navigate without difficulty. The following steps should be sufficient to get started.
- Select the Geographic Area desired. The user will be automatically redirected to list of stations available within that area.
- Select a station from the list provided and click the "Go to site" button. The user will be directed to the site page.
- View the "Data Summary Report" by clicking on the link. This will show a detailed summary of the available instantaneous data. An explanation of the format of the report is shown at the bottom. Print or store the report as needed.
- Enter the dates of interest into the boxes provided, select the output format, and click the "retrieve data" button. An explanation of the output data fields is included at the top of the file.
- At any time the user can click one of the buttons at the bottom of the page to return to select a different station within the same geographic area or to select a new geographic area.